The following is a list of additional guidance materials and MIP related training materials.
Additional Training Resources
MIP Sequencing Tool Training
- MIP Sequencing Tool Training: In this module you will receive an overview of the Sequencing Tool, which includes Access to the tool, the Workflow Process, MOD RMC Sequencing Lead & FEMA Regional Sequencing Lead, Guidance for Adjusting Sequencing, and the Feedback & Change Control Process
MIP Process Admin Training
- MIP Process Admin Training: In this module you will learn the Process Admin tasks such as Unclaim Amendment, Revision and Study work items, Transfer Amendment, Revision and Study work items to a specified user, Change Project Status (Close/Terminate, Withdraw and On Hold), and how to Update Study project data
The following is a list of guidelines and standards resources for Risk MAP mapping professionals and Cooperating Technical Partners (CTPs):
- Guidelines and Standards for Flood Risk Analysis and Mapping webpage: This page provides FEMA guidelines and standards for flood risk analysis and mapping activities in adherence to National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) requirements and regulations
- Standards Policy Memo: The Policy for Flood Risk Analysis and Mapping outlines FEMA's requirements to produce better overall consistency and more efficient operation of mapping activities
- Guidance: These Guidance documents provide best practices for FEMA's Risk MAP program
- Technical References: These Technical References are specifications of a technical nature essential to the success of the program but too granular to be considered standards
- Templates and Other Resources: This collection of documents is used to support the implementation of Flood Risk Projects and may be referenced in standards, guidance and technical references. The types of documents found here include templates, checklists, forms, database schemas, metadata profiles, product prototypes and others
- Finding Standards, Guidance, and Related Documents: Instructions for cross-referencing guidelines and standards documentation
- Risk MAP Knowledge Sharing Site: This site on the Risk MAP Portal is an online collection of project knowledge, information, and guidance. For help logging into the portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following is a list of additional user guidance:
- Risk MAP Products: This Guidance will provide information regarding Risk MAP Products in the MIP
- Guidance for Creating Basin-Wide Projects: Guidance for Creating Basin-Wide Projects in the MIP
- Guidance for Creating PMR Projects: Guidance for Creating Physical Map Revision (PMR) Projects in the MIP
- Mapping Partner Responsibilities: Revised Preliminary Guidance for MIP Case Numbered Projects - Mapping Partner Responsibilities
- Entering Leverage Information: Entering Leverage Information in the MIP
- Finalizing Cost and Schedule Information on MDD Task: Finalizing Cost and Schedule Information on MDD Tasks
- P4 Ordering Template: Excel P4 Ordering Template
Below is a few additional Resources
- Federal Mapping Program Factsheets:
- Regional Service Center Contacts: A List of Regional Service Center Contacts
Automated Map Production (AMP) Best Practices: AMP Best Practices This document contains more information on how AMP interacts with the MIP workflow, what FIRM DB fields are used in symbolizing and labeling features in the map body, how the map collar/title block populates, what criteria AMP uses to determine which panels to print, and other general best practices for AMP to work best with uploaded datasets.
To view and download the most up-to-date National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Metadata Profiles that support the implementation of Flood Risk Projects, please visit the Templates and Other Resources on the FEMA Library.
To learn more about FEMA's Guidelines and Standards effort for the Risk MAP Program, visit the Guidelines and Standards for Flood Risk Analysis and Mapping webpage.
A Summary of Changes to Metadata Profiles from 2006 to 2013 is also available.