Federal Mapping Programs Fact Sheets
The following Fact Sheets provide summary information on the primary national mapping programs that are tracking, developing, and/or sharing geospatial data. This information is available to support the Regions and the Regional Support Centers (RSCs) as they conduct regular planning and project management activities.
In addition, this coordination supports successful relationships that are needed between the Regions/RSCs and other State and Federal personnel.
Programs identified here are not static. New data is being added to the national inventory every month. Future efforts and planned projects are constantly being updated. Therefore, it is appropriate to review national programs as well as local data sources in order to obtain the most current data available.
The programs detailed here include:
- National Elevation Dataset (NED)
Adobe PDF (186 kb)
Text (7 kb)
- Center for Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) Information Coordination and Knowledge
Adobe PDF (61 kb)
Text (3 kb)
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
Adobe PDF (57 kb)
Text (2 kb)
- National Digital Orthophoto Program (NDOP)
Adobe PDF (209 kb)
Text (5 kb)
- National Agriculture Imagery Program (NAIP)
Adobe PDF (334 kb)
Text (6 kb)
- US Census Bureau TIGER Files